Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Current Employee

Great Simulator Training Center

Apr 9, 2021 - Simulator Technician III in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning and growth opportunities. Encouraged to pursue your own subset to specialize in and equip you with the resources to achieve it. Great travel and health benefits.

Cons

No comments, not applicable, N/A

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Nov 18, 2022 - CSA - Customer Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits Good work atmosphere Promotion opportunities

Cons

Have open availability for long hours of delays occur

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Flight Attendant

Oct 25, 2022 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provided great health insurance and travel benefits. We stayed in really nice hotels on our layovers, and our layovers generally gave us time to enjoy the city we were in. I was based in San Diego and enjoyed flying with most of my coworkers. We also had excellent pilots and I always felt like I could trust them.

Cons

After Alaska bought Virgin America, in my opinion the company went down hill. The values changed, the customer service became lax, and management became too political. After asking for people to furlough during the pandemic, the company turned around and took away most of our flexibility in schedule, which was a huge part of the job. The Airbus aircraft we were forced to fly on felt unsafe for the flight attendants. The emergency equipment was placed in different places on each Airbus and I never felt confident that I could help someone in case of an emergency. Lastly, the culture of Alaska changed and there was FAR more hostility between the Flight Attendants and between the Pilots. Alaska, in my opinion, became more focused on their image rather than the safety of their crews and customer service. Alaska used to be the best!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent