Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer Care negatives

Dec 14, 2021 - Customer Care Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a proven, strong commitment to safety and empowering employees to use the service framework to offer compensation to passengers who have had a negative interaction with Alaska and to foster loyal repeat customers. Supportive management that was inclusive even though the position was remote.

Cons

The Customer Care Department needs to re-evaluate how they determine schedules. Currently, you must bid quarterly on a schedule (that they have a list of) and it is awarded purely on seniority with no weight given to performance. Additionally, vacation time was bid in December for the entirety of the following year at 5 days at a time, also based on seniority. There was no way to bid les Pay was competitive when I was first hired but then they moved to a new pay scaling system. This meant that according to the scale, my excellent performance wouldn't garner a pay raise, only my tenure. Due to the pay rate negotiated, I wouldn't be eligible for a very small raise for another 5 years.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to find mentorship

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Everyone on my team really cares about fostering my growth and helping me learn.

Cons

Not the best compensation for SWEs

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Nov 29, 2022 - Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None that I know of

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Alaska Airlines Response

💙 -Ellen

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent