Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great job but salary was lacking

Jul 21, 2022 - Csa Lead in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you love customer service, you’ll love working here as an agent. If you like working overtime, there’s plenty of overtime to do. You can trade or give away your shift.

Cons

The job can be stressful due to ignorant guests. Overtime is too much. There’s junior assigned OT where you’re told, you’re staying 1-4 hours over your shift regardless of anything. Then there’s mandatory OT where everyone must stay for OT. there are times you must work 16 hours. Management is overworked and possibly bullied like the agents. Their thought process is all about the operation and bottom dollar. Some supervisors reward bad behavior of the guests. The guest is late but demand to be on that flight and starts to yell at the agent. Supervisors try to deescalate the situation by giving them miles or compensation. For what? They were late, now being rude and forget about the agent… only worried about their money? It’s a saver fare! I’m not keen on unions so, there’s that. $60/month and the union doesn’t help with anything. The pay isn’t worth the stress until one has been there for 7 years for the significant pay increase. Flight benefits? So much OT or need for work, one doesn’t have time to travel. You’ll have to trade or give away shifts to travel. Diversity and inclusion… if you’re gay, you’re celebrated. If you’re white, your promoted. The inclusion/diversity is being shown by allowing Pacific Islanders (females) to step up due to the majority of those agents who are working there at the SEA station. Other than that, less than a handful of minorities on a managerial or VP level. I don’t care for our unethical CEO, Ben. He should’ve never been promoted and should step down. Too many scandals. It’s great he has a team who keeps the company together. There’s a lot more to be said. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Alaska Airlines Response

Thank you for your indepth feedback. Your insight helps us to continuously improve our work environment.- Ellen

1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to find mentorship

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Everyone on my team really cares about fostering my growth and helping me learn.

Cons

Not the best compensation for SWEs

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Upper Management, Poor Local Managers

Dec 6, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great customer centered business. Nice employee health care & retirement benefits. Nice travel benefits.

Cons

Just joining the business you are the lowest rank & have no seniority. You work the worst shifts, mandatory overtime, extremely anal about being on time. Politics is big in the San Diego location. Some leads are extremely old and just need to leave. They are rude to new employees. Almost like a hazing period of proving yourself.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent