Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Former Employee

Flight Attendant

Oct 25, 2022 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provided great health insurance and travel benefits. We stayed in really nice hotels on our layovers, and our layovers generally gave us time to enjoy the city we were in. I was based in San Diego and enjoyed flying with most of my coworkers. We also had excellent pilots and I always felt like I could trust them.

Cons

After Alaska bought Virgin America, in my opinion the company went down hill. The values changed, the customer service became lax, and management became too political. After asking for people to furlough during the pandemic, the company turned around and took away most of our flexibility in schedule, which was a huge part of the job. The Airbus aircraft we were forced to fly on felt unsafe for the flight attendants. The emergency equipment was placed in different places on each Airbus and I never felt confident that I could help someone in case of an emergency. Lastly, the culture of Alaska changed and there was FAR more hostility between the Flight Attendants and between the Pilots. Alaska, in my opinion, became more focused on their image rather than the safety of their crews and customer service. Alaska used to be the best!

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Jan 27, 2023 - Line Maintenance Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Union is good fights for you, flight benefits, pay is in the top 3 of the airlines

Cons

Health benefits could be better, Every company has cons depends on how you deal it

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place

Jan 26, 2023 - Airline Pilot in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional and great people. Competitive environment.

Cons

Late on pays, low per diems.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent