Cover image for Alaska Airlines

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Alaska Airlines is holding their own.

Sep 8, 2008 - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working at Alaska Airlines is the travel benefits (when you get to use them). Most of the systems are new and pretty easy to support. Those we have written in the past are getting a lot of attention and may be replaced soon. Most of our duties now consist of vendor relations and management.

Cons

Well although we are doing better than most airlines we still are not seeing much profit sharing. Planes are full but at such a low price per seat we are just barely able to cover the cost of fuel. Stocks are down to an all time low, So we are all hoping for a new destination that everyone is willing to pay top dollar to visit.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to find mentorship

Nov 30, 2022 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work. Everyone on my team really cares about fostering my growth and helping me learn.

Cons

Not the best compensation for SWEs

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Upper Management, Poor Local Managers

Dec 6, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great customer centered business. Nice employee health care & retirement benefits. Nice travel benefits.

Cons

Just joining the business you are the lowest rank & have no seniority. You work the worst shifts, mandatory overtime, extremely anal about being on time. Politics is big in the San Diego location. Some leads are extremely old and just need to leave. They are rude to new employees. Almost like a hazing period of proving yourself.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Careers

Cover image for Alaska Airlines

We were founded in Alaska back in 1932 and have been headquartered in Seattle for nearly seven decades with hubs in Seattle, Portland,...More

• Nurture our Talent