KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor

May 25, 2022 - Operational Technology Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of experience to learn from here

Cons

Hard to get full time position

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 12, 2022 - Machine Operator in Sinking Spring, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady fixed work hours and break time. Decent pay increase for base operators. Ability to move variety of positions and learn new machinery.

Cons

HR can seem disconnected from the manufactur labor force.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Diverse but NOT Inclusive. Don’t work here if Nepotism bothers you.

Jul 7, 2022 - Operations Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free contacts, but the overall benefits decreased each year. They are getting rid of the EPO plan, which was the best for large families with lots of medical expenses. When I started working at Alcon in 2018, my eye insurance premiums covered my check up at $0 copay. The last time I had a check up even going to an in network doctor it was a $50 copay with my eye insurance from an eye company.

Cons

Alcon is diverse because it’s an international company, but the leadership does not reflect that diversity. Nor do we see that diversity reflected in leadership. They also hate people wanting to work from home. Alcon’s Covid approach was poor. Their workforce is already exhibiting lots of Long Covid symptoms. Due to all of the silos at Alcon, you can have a vastly different experience here just based on your team. During training we watched a video Alcon made about twins who vastly different experiences at Alcon. One had a crappy manager, one did not. Looking back it was a huge red flag for me about my experiences with this company. They know the problems they have, but they refuse to address them with long time employees who make the environment toxic. Alcon has an outsized market share of the eye products industry, and it won’t surprise me if J&J or Allergan come for it post Covid. Especially with middle managers driving away fresh talent.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alcon.

Alcon Photos