Alcor - Preserving Your Future | Glassdoor

"Preserving Your Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Alcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Alcor means helping people, working in leading-edge medicine, constant innovation, and working to improve the future for everyone. The membership comprises an interesting and diverse group of above-average thinkers, and, they run exciting local volunteer groups. Anyone who is interested in seeing what's possible in the future should consider membership.

Cons

I wish that more people would choose to join us in the future.

Other Employee Reviews for Alcor

"Science and Technology Pathway to the Future"

I have been working at Alcor full-time

Pros

Intelligent, resourceful, competent staff. The environment of Alcor is casual yet very professional and all who are involved are passionate about their work and maintaining confidentiality of the members and patients both now and in the future.

Cons

Alcor is a non profit and budgetary concerns sometimes limit the vision we would like to achieve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Amateurish"

I worked at Alcor full-time

Pros

Employees often have the flexibility to define their roles.

Cons

Inexperienced management allows a lot of unprofessional behaviour to keep happening. Several staff members engage in crude, sexist, racist, misogynist conversations on a regular basis and also pass around offensive emails. The privacy policy is a joke. Staff gossip all the time about each other, about members' personal lives, and about the physical characteristics of patients. My social security number was compromised due to lax office procedures, no one ever investigated the situation.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to take courses and learn about what privacy in a medical workplace should be like. (a HIPPA class would be useful, even though, technically, Alcor is not regulated under HIPPA) Courses on sexual harassment and cultural sensitivity would also be useful. Serious complaints have been made, over and over again, yet no one ever conducts interviews or disciplines perpetrators. This makes people wonder if management itself has a racist and sexist agenda.

Alcor Response

Dec 6, 2016 – President

The anonymous reviewer claims to have worked at Alcor but doesn't say when. Certainly these comments are false if referring to the workplace anytime in the last six years. Actually, I believe I know... More