Alexian Brothers Health System - I love being a nurse and the feeling of family among staff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alexian Brothers Health System

"I love being a nurse and the feeling of family among staff."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Longevity of staff members creates a family feeling.
Room for professional growth.
Nurse education is available and compensation for tuition is fair.

Cons

Staffing ratios sometimes too high for quality care. Health insurance benefits are expensive and too time-consuming to get authorizations for any testing. Few health insurance options available.

Advice to Management

Provide your staff with better patient to RN ratios to get better patient satisfaction as well as nurse retention. Offer more incentives for achieving certifications. Look into providing better health care for your employees and their families.

Other Employee Reviews for Alexian Brothers Health System

1. "ABBHH-Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Alexian Brothers Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unique opportunities for career development, great benefits, wide network and room for growth. I have worked here for 3 years and have been able to communicate with my supervisor about feedback on job performance.

Cons

High Stress environment and low salaries compared to local competitors. The one major negative to working here is that there are many different departments and the education department gets overlooked. Since we manage ourselves it can be challenging to know what our expectations are within the hospital. We are often asked to do more than is expected as a classroom teacher.

Advice to Management

Review salary of all your departments to keep up with competitive rates

2. "It was alright"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Alexian Brothers Health System full-time

Pros

People within the department were super supportive. Very patient, helpful, and welcoming. It was great experience and exposure.

Cons

Work/life balance. Crisis management means that you can stay well past when your shift is over dealing w/various patient related issues as well as just trying to help everybody else from being completely overwhelmed. The compensation isn't that great when you take into consideration the extremely stressful environment you are asked to work in. Immediate supervisors/managers/directors are great but I'm sure they face a lot of pressure from "higher ups".

Lots of times direct patient care staff are short staffed and there is a high turn over rate w/direct patient care because of how stressful the job is.