Alfred Angelo Bridal - Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

"Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay!"

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers of all ages who love assisting brides and bridal parties.

Cons

Workmanship on dresses is less than "designer". Many dresses are simply overpriced for the level of quality.
Pay is at best insulting in this day and age. Minimum wage. Sure you can make commission (currently 4%), but you have to wait 10-12 weeks (really more) when the dresses are actually picked up before the commission check is even generated from the company.
I'm sure they have extremely high turnover as "grown-ups" who are hired as bridal stylist simply cant make ends meet on such a low salary. I HAD to take this job because my unemployment was running out, but I am still looking for a job that pays a fair wage and can give me steady hours, In short, I will probably only be there for a month or so. Which is a shame, because I would have really liked to pursue a career in bridal gown sales.

Advice to Management

Please do something about the pay rate for stylist. The gowns average retail for $1800+. The job is great for college kids who don't mind making minimum wage but for many of my co-workers, they are actively looking for or have another job. Restructure the commission schedule as we typically have the credit card information to secure the balances on the dresses when they are received in the store. How about commission on the deposit immediately and the balance when the dress arrives at the store. This is such an important day brides have entrusted to the stylist, A.A. should feel the same regarding the treatment and pay of their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

1. "Bridal Stylist"

Pros

Co-workers are great, fun place to work. Clients are fabulous!

Cons

Unprofessional environment. If not careful, a sale could be missed for lack of professionalism on the sales floor. Guard your clients!

Advice to Management

Communication is key. All of the information concerning the lines are not equally shared with all employees. You shouldn't have to ask if a line is being discontinued. This information should be readily shared with all concerning parties. It could effect a sale.

2. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel that my job is truly rewarding. I love what I do, create the vision of the happiest day of your life, with women of all ages and cultures. The fact that my professional guidance helps clueless women everywhere gives me a warm feeling.

Cons

Customers have such a high expectation. I understand that it is their day, but brides do not know how to take control of their maids. Customers expect you to bend over backwards for you over something so minute. You must find a healthy balance on doing what is right and wrong. Customer service goes a long way.

Advice to Management

Praise goes a long way. I feel that my DM respects me and gives credit when due. The other store managers that are on this page writing how things suck and they are over worked. that may be true but it is all about how you treat your staff. There may be some weeks where you have to put a little more in, but the pay off is worth it. Your staff is what makes your store great. Invest the time into them and you will go far as a store. Keep the good ones happy.