Alfred Angelo Bridal - unstable higher managment | Glassdoor

"unstable higher managment"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the prodcut they sell is good quality

Cons

poor communication from the top of the organization down, unclear regarding their direction

Advice to Management

Get more qualified senior managment and district managers

Other Employee Reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

1. "Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa (Angola)
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa (Angola)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and fun ecperience

Cons

Management needs help. Also could use step into 21st century for computers both ordering and payroll reporting

"Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay!"

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers of all ages who love assisting brides and bridal parties.

Cons

Workmanship on dresses is less than "designer". Many dresses are simply overpriced for the level of quality.
    Pay is at best insulting in this day and age. Minimum wage. Sure you can make commission (currently 4%), but you have to wait 10-12 weeks (really more) when the dresses are actually picked up before the commission check is even generated from the company.
    I'm sure they have extremely high turnover as "grown-ups" who are hired as bridal stylist simply cant make ends meet on such a low salary. I HAD to take this job because my unemployment was running out, but I am still looking for a job that pays a fair wage and can give me steady hours, In short, I will probably only be there for a month or so. Which is a shame, because I would have really liked to pursue a career in bridal gown sales.

Advice to Management

Please do something about the pay rate for stylist. The gowns average retail for $1800+. The job is great for college kids who don't mind making minimum wage but for many of my co-workers, they are actively looking for or have another job. Restructure the commission schedule as we typically have the credit card information to secure the balances on the dresses when they are received in the store. How about commission on the deposit immediately and the balance when the dress arrives at the store. This is such an important day brides have entrusted to the stylist, A.A. should feel the same regarding the treatment and pay of their employees.