Alfred Angelo Bridal - abysmal. | Glassdoor

"abysmal."

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great coworkers. fun to help brides find the dress of their dreams.

Cons

awful district manager. having your job constantly threatened doesn't make for high employee morale.

Advice to Management

laying off the entire staff during the summer retail slump was a very calculated move, as the company does not have to pay the employees their earned commission. this policy is unfair. district manager was extremely rude to employees and customers, making for an uncomfortable work environment. restructuring the upper management would be helpful to future employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

1. "Great unitl we closed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved working with the brides and their families. Great place to start in retail!

Cons

Unfortunatley, our store in South Austin closed.

"Awful experience, worst job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are nice, not late compared to many retail stores. Dresses are beautiful and helping the customers is fun.

Cons

Mangement doesn't communicate, I told one manager (the other was on vacation when I started) my schedule and she didn't communicate it to the manager that made the schedule, caused unneeded conflict that I was blamed for. I was expected to know every single thing the first time I walked into the place. Dresses were referred to by style number, I was scolded numerous times for not knowing which was which even though I was only there for 4 five and a half hour days. I was threatened to be written up on my second day because I put a dress back in the wrong spot. I wasn't even told when my first day was. I was called the day before and told to come in the next day. There isn't any respect for the employees, I was constantly scolded in front of customers. I could hear the manager bad mouthing me while I'm putting dresses on customers in the dressing room. Extremely unprofessional enviroment. I've only been there four days but I'm expected to have the knowledge of someone who's been there for years.Training is non exsistent. I got put with a bride the second day I worked there without any training, I was scolded for not choosing the correct dresses. Overall, an extremely stressful/negative enviroment to try and work in.

Advice to Management

Get management under control. Take a serious look at the managers and reevaluate the situations. If a manager has been at a certain store for 3 years and the longest employee has been there 3 months, there's clearly an issue that needs to be addressed.