Alicart Restaurant Group - ok job. Getting worse due to AC failing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alicart Restaurant Group

"ok job. Getting worse due to AC failing."

Current Employee - Food Server in Atlantic City, NJ
Current Employee - Food Server in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Alicart Restaurant Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent money and easy place to work

Cons

Sharing gratuities with other servers that may not provide the best service day to day

Advice to Management

a lot needs to be reevaluated in order to make everyone happy. Management is not on the same page

Other Employee Reviews for Alicart Restaurant Group

"Once a great company that has lost it's way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Alicart Restaurant Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

5 day work week and paid vacation

Cons

Iong hours under paid staff

"Don't be fooled by the salary"

Pros

Free food for managers while working
    Super-high salaries - but it's just a ploy to get you in the door
    Cell phone stipend and parking (if you ask for it before you accept the job)

Cons

Everything else. The corporate culture is incredibly toxic. The corporate offices are in Times Square and while their NYC locations continue to thrive, senior leadership has a blanket approach to managing restaurants in other cities. What works in New York may not necessarily translate to DC or Vegas and forcing those operational and sales strategies upon managers who are more familiar with their markets is severely demoralizing. They lure you in with a high salary and pump up your ego/expectations by telling you that they need YOUR knowledge of the industry to help push them to the next level but then sit in NY and undermine you at every turn. Popping into the restaurant for a couple hours every other month will not make them an expert on nuances of the city and does not give them an opportunity to see how tragically their methods are failing.

Also, no paid holidays. The restaurant is open 365 days a year and the sales office is only unmanned on some Sundays. Expect to work on Christmas & Thanksgiving

Mandatory minimum work day of 10 hours, 5-6 days a week - ALL employees, including managers, must punch in and out with a fingerprint.

Cannot cash out unused vacation when you leave.

Not family-friendly.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand and start allowing the managers you pay so much for to do their jobs. You recruited us because of our success in previous positions but then clip our wings so that we are unable to do what we do best then literally scream at us when you don't see the same results as our past restaurants.