Alice & Olivia - This Place SUCKS!!! | Glassdoor

"This Place SUCKS!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alice & Olivia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing allowance and the Commission

Cons

Practically everything. I have NEVER felt so disrespected in my life. The staff is super catty and upper management tends to pick favorites regardless of their performance. Forget about speaking up for yourself and doing too well as your coworkers will get jealous and team up to get you terminated. This job is what made me walk away from retail for good. Stay away.

Continue reading
    Alice & Olivia2018-11-13
  1. "Incredible Opportunity"

Shop Manager

I have been working at Alice & Olivia

Pros

Growth opportunities beyond wildest dream! So much encouragement, education, and training opportunity given to everyone to develop and grow. Leadership from the top to lower store levels are all truly invested in their people! Incredible clothing allowance + discount perks! Truly one of a kind experience working for a+o —- there’s a reason people stay so long!!

Cons

You will never want to leave or work anywhere else in retail again!

Continue reading
    Alice & Olivia2020-02-15

"I’ve found my lifelong career with a+o"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alice & Olivia full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve worked in retail my entire working life, but I never imagined I could find a place where I would be inspired, motivated, and challenged every single day, until I came across alice + olivia. I’ve done everything from the big department stores to the tiny local boutiques to other high-end brand names, and a+o has the most incredible working environment I’ve ever seen. On a store level, teamwork is key and you’re surrounded by people who constantly challenge you in a motivational way to improve yourself and your business. On a corporate level, executives are compassionate and empathetic. They’re accessible and encouraging, and to the absolute top, I know I could reach out to anyone and receive a warm response. No one is “too good” to help someone else, and no one’s opinion is “too small” to take into account. Internal growth is also heavily encouraged and supported, and you will never be handed a job or a task and set up for failure. Your superiors will ensure that you’re juggling your responsibilities successfully before throwing in another ball. Our selling culture is one of our many incredible assets, but our greatest asset is our people. This company has found the best of the best in the retail world, and it’s nothing short of magical to work with people like that every day.

Cons

No job is perfect. There will always be tough days, especially in a customer-facing industry like retail. That being said, at a+o, those tough days are a rarity, and I am confident in the people I work with to remind me of all the good days that make it worth it.

Alice & Olivia2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Alice & Olivia.