AliveCor - Love working at AliveCor | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Love working at AliveCor"

Current Employee - Chief of Staff in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Chief of Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at AliveCor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at AliveCor. I have been here almost 6 years and am super proud of the difference we have made in the medical / mobile space. It hasn't been easy and it took a while to find the right leadership team to take AliveCor where is was meant to go, but we did it and AliveCor is truly a meaningful company helping people manage their heart health. Our product, Kardia, is an easy way to detect atrial fibrillation so you can live your life with confidence. As our CEO, Vic Gundotra would say, by harnessing the power of artificial intelligence, we’re advancing the practice of medicine for doctors and society. And we’re just getting warmed up!

Cons

Moving the needle in healthcare takes time. Understanding the everyday challenges and barriers in the healthcare space is a slow process. Precision is critical as you are not creating a simple app, you are dealing with real people with real medical situations. If you are looking for an overnight success, this is not the space for you.

Advice to Management

No matter how fast the pace is, always remember to stop and touch base with your team. You can never over communicate.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great mission and product"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AliveCor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work being done is innovative and impactful.

Cons

I left during a time of turbulence on the executive team, but it seems to have calmed down since then.

2. "Awesome Product"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AliveCor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative Product, Brilliant Founder, Product Makes an impact, Company is high profile

Cons

Pace of development can be slow at medical companies. The occasional politics / nepotism / and people playing favourites.

Advice to Management

Focus on the mission and building great products.

Discover more reviews about AliveCor.