Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

We've Got A Good Thing Going

Oct 16, 2020 - Other in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's different here than all the personal ECG "me too" type companies. Small enough to change directions, big enough to afford to do it. Company is generous to employees.

Cons

We change directions a lot and usually have too many projects going on at once. If we slowed down a little, we could go faster - if that makes sense.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company unified by a mission

Jan 18, 2021 - Product Management in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

AliveCor's mission is to leverage the power of intelligent data to improve access to heart care. There's an enormous opportunity to improve lives of hundreds of millions worldwide; cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality in the world (31%) and nearly half of Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease. The mission to leverage modern data science to improve this condition is what draws people to AliveCor. We are an experienced team of engineers, scientists, product managers, doctors, and sales and marketing professionals aligned on a common vision to democratize cardiology care.. This is what makes it exciting to be here---it's not just about making great products or making big profits. It's about making a healthier world.

Cons

Too many opportunities can tempt distraction.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, phenomenal product

Dec 17, 2020 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The product is a legitimate, clinically validated, AI driven medical device. AliveCor is the definite leader in the mobile EKG market and their AI-driven algorithms are top notch - they are way ahead (algorithm and regulatory -wise) of the competition. 2. Smart, conscientious employees who are collaborative and driven by the belief that their product can save and improve lives. 3. Small enough company to stay flexible on projects and to provide each employee a larger scope of responsibility. Also small enough that everyone knows each other and whole company happy hours are common. 4. Transparent leadership team that provides updates to the entire company on a weekly basis. Employees are also empowered to ask direct questions or reach out to management.

Cons

1. Need better strategic planning and cross functional alignment for product pipeline so we don't have multiple, competing projects/goals at the same time. 2. Acceptance/understanding that the company is producing a "medical device" and must comply to this industry's regulations and standards is mostly true, but there are a few folks who still think/act like we are a consumer software company which can be counterproductive and frustrating. 3. The new CEO has brought in or promoted good, experienced leaders to lead key functions. A few teams could benefit from more experienced leaders who could implement larger company procedures and not just rely on the "this is how we have always done it" fall back.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about AliveCor.