All India Institute of Medical Sciences - THE BEST institute for medical education and research in the country without doubt. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for All India Institute of Medical Sciences

"THE BEST institute for medical education and research in the country without doubt."

Current Employee - MD, Pharmaology in New Delhi (India)
Current Employee - MD, Pharmaology in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at All India Institute of Medical Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get the best exposure in the field of Modern Medicine; be it faculty, patients ( number and variety), equipment (PCR, MRI angio, PET, etc) among others. The campus and environment is awesome too ie. well maintained and clean campus, excellent library (which by the way is 24hrs open), and a competitive atmosphere (cause the best in the field is there) . Regarding my field of Pharmacology, I can proudly say this is one of the few colleges in the country where quality research happens and is encouraged. Since our curriculum (MD Pharmacology) has a very significant overlap with the MSc and PhD students, we also imbibe the scientific mindset from them and they imbibe the clinical touch from us, which is a win-win scenario. Oh! and one last thing (the most important thing for some), you get the best pay too.

Cons

A very difficult one to answer. In recent times, it has become difficult to get accommodation (hostel rooms for us and quarters for the faculty) provided by AIIMS.

Advice to Management

Probably a little more involvement in our academic activities by the faculty in our department.

Other Employee Reviews for All India Institute of Medical Sciences

"about nursing concern in aiims"

Current Employee - Male Nurse in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Male Nurse in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at All India Institute of Medical Sciences full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nursing condition should be better in aiims

Cons

in servise alwayes feel you decision was right?

Advice to Management

for nursing concerns , they belongs all over india , there are no proper space to residabnce to concerning persones and also should providing in servise education much and more. and also medical facility for stafff is not so good.

"It feels very goodto work at this premiere institute"

Current Contractor - Senior Resident in New Delhi (India)
    Current Contractor - Senior Resident in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at All India Institute of Medical Sciences as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is vry safe to work here and there is a lot of exposure as far as learning is concerned

Cons

There is a huge rush of patients at AIIMS, but less no of beds, so a patient doesn't get a bed for admission easily