Allen Matkins - To date, the best job I've ever had | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Allen Matkins

"To date, the best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Pros

-Very competitive salary and benefits, especially for a 24-year-old who was incredibly wet behind the ears starting out;
-Started with 4 weeks PTO, increased after 5 years to 5 weeks PTO [although I doubt they still do that since the economic downturn];
-Extremely nice attorneys and staff overall, from the biggest rainmakers to the youngest associates cutting their teeth. Most of the "yellers" slowly left during my time there;
-GREAT holiday parties;
-I got a 6-week severance when they laid me off in '09. They usually didn't do severances at all so it was appreciated until I could find another job (which only took me 10 days... I was lucky).

Cons

My beef was not getting laid off. I've since been promoted and everything's gravy. My beef was getting laid off BEFORE a handful of extremely incompetent people. It came down to a numbers game, I know, but it stuck in my craw for awhile.

That said, I really wish I could be a huge internet troll and flame them. But I have no regrets whatsoever about working here. Even the dreaded lay-off meeting was amicable (the office administrator was in tears when she told me).

Advice to Management

When a loyal long-time employee with nothing but great performance evaluations is fully aware the axe is coming down in a few months, and that same employee offers a cut in salary, a cut in bonus, even a cut in hours to stay, I would negotiate. You can't beat that deal.

Other Employee Reviews for Allen Matkins

1. "Greatest Company"

Current Employee - Legal Receptionist in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Receptionist in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Allen Matkins (More than a year)

Pros

I currently work for Allen Matkins, they are by far the best Law Firm I have worked for. The partners are real people and treat everyone with genuine kindness. They pay vert well and have great benefits too.

Cons

I know of no cons with this Allen Matkins. The are honest and diligently make sure that their employees are healthy and well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Steve Morris

2. "Litigation Technology Manager"

Former Employee - Litigation Technology Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Litigation Technology Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Allen Matkins (More than 5 years)

Pros

Attorneys and paralegals are all very willing to learn new technologies. It is fun working with them to help make their jobs easier.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.