Cover image for Alley Cat Allies

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mission focused, great team, huge impact in movement

Jan 20, 2017 - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here, we are very focused on having huge impact to stop killing of cats. For such a small team, we have had tremendous across the country in saving cats and changing laws. I am so proud of our work and my team members. I now think of them as some of my best friends. I love the dedication and passion of the executive team. They work late nights and almost every weekend.

Cons

its hard when we cant save every cat, although we try. The metro commute has been bad because of the metro work. -

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

MANAGER

May 3, 2016 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, passionate about mission, flexibility, get to be involved in high level strategic discussions that at all of my other jobs I didn't get to be part of, great staff and great leadership. Becky, Charlene and Rebekah provide good strategic decisions and they care about the employees. I have learned a lot from them and appreciate their dedication and genuine concern for animals. If you don't work hard and don't care about the mission, you wont do well here. They don't put up with slackers.

Cons

I have a long commute so I wished I lived closer to the office.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I would call this place a joke, but that would be ignoring the real damage they do

Jan 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay, but that's it

Cons

-Leadership: The founder is prime example of founder's syndrome. She has too much control over the organization she founded, even though it has grown beyond her ability to manage. She micromanages everything, to the point of nothing getting done. That would be bad enough, but even worse is that she was horrible to employees. At best she's rude, snapping at people and making them bend to her every whim, acting like we had nothing better to do than serve her, instead of doing our real jobs. At worst, she's emotionally abusive and makes employees cry. -Work Environment: During my time there, the COO was so paranoid that she separated conversations if people were talking together for "too long." People were scared to go out to lunch together and close office doors. There's no HR department, so there is nowhere for people to go with these problems. There's also no board oversight for questionable management and financial practices. -High employee turnover: It's a fact of life. Once in the span of about five days, four people left. Two were unjustly fired and two quit and walked out on the spot, which I wish I could say was rare during my time there.

Continue reading
    15 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alley Cat Allies.

Alley Cat Allies Job Seekers Also Viewed