Cover image for Alley Cat Allies

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Negative reviews are ALL TRUE. Positive ones are FAKE. CEO has personality of Donald Trump

Feb 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. That's how they justify abusing you and creating a CLIMATE OF FEAR. I was afraid to leave because of the benefits but everyone eventually sees their mental health is more important. And it takes a long time to recover emotionally. Like years.

Cons

There are so many cons that it was hard to not start listing them in the pros. Infantile CEO with actual crazy in her eyes and COO who walks around the room 100 times a day watching employees every move mostly to scare them into submission. They "turn" certain employees who are the most afraid of getting fired and those employees become spies too. Even more than reporting back on any tiny problems they see , these employees MAKE UP THINGS THEIR FELLOW EMPLOYEES HAVE DONE WRONG. Why would they do this? Because they get rewarded for it with money and the promise of not getting fired and even then they arent safe. This sounds like a dystopian book. Or a better comparison is the Trump administration. BECKY ROBINSON acts like Donald Trump. She is angry, irrational, PSYCHOTIC and keeps the organization from accomplishing pretty much anything because she is focused on all the wrong things. Mostly LAWSUITS from other former employees and her EGO and ILLEGAL stuff she is doing with at least one other organization, using Alley Cat Allies donors money. And the COO Charlene Pedroile shuffles behind her quietly MANIPULATING. Whatever she has reported on the books or however she has managed to have a good audit is something she has manipulated. Which one is worse? Are they smart? Are they complete idiots? We don't know. But they're not human beings. They're the lowest creatures you could imagine. Why do they do any of this? I honestly think they enjoy hurting people. Every inch of the negative reviews are true. Can't get that across enough.

37 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mission focused, great team, huge impact in movement

Jan 20, 2017 - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working here, we are very focused on having huge impact to stop killing of cats. For such a small team, we have had tremendous across the country in saving cats and changing laws. I am so proud of our work and my team members. I now think of them as some of my best friends. I love the dedication and passion of the executive team. They work late nights and almost every weekend.

Cons

its hard when we cant save every cat, although we try. The metro commute has been bad because of the metro work. -

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I would call this place a joke, but that would be ignoring the real damage they do

Jan 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay, but that's it

Cons

-Leadership: The founder is prime example of founder's syndrome. She has too much control over the organization she founded, even though it has grown beyond her ability to manage. She micromanages everything, to the point of nothing getting done. That would be bad enough, but even worse is that she was horrible to employees. At best she's rude, snapping at people and making them bend to her every whim, acting like we had nothing better to do than serve her, instead of doing our real jobs. At worst, she's emotionally abusive and makes employees cry. -Work Environment: During my time there, the COO was so paranoid that she separated conversations if people were talking together for "too long." People were scared to go out to lunch together and close office doors. There's no HR department, so there is nowhere for people to go with these problems. There's also no board oversight for questionable management and financial practices. -High employee turnover: It's a fact of life. Once in the span of about five days, four people left. Two were unjustly fired and two quit and walked out on the spot, which I wish I could say was rare during my time there.

15 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Alley Cat Allies.

Alley Cat Allies Job Seekers Also Viewed