Alliance Residential - Alliance is good. | Glassdoor

"Alliance is good."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great, employee rent discount and wardrobe allowance, lunch is not a strict time schedule, calm office setting, training is online but very good, there is room for advancement but there is a lot to learn when promoted.

Cons

The employee discount for sales could be better, late office hours, rude residents.

Advice to Management

Consider the rent discount for sales employees more than 20%. After all, they are the ones making the money for the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Alliance Residential

"Houston we have a problem!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Alliance Residential (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good pay but not top leading.

- If you like being undermined this job is for you.

- If you like micro management and fake people this job is for you.

Cons

Turnover is high due to bad decisions on Management's end. At least 8 Houston managers have quit including several RMs and multiple BMs. Not even your HR department can cover what lawsuit Alliance will face. If you keep allowing Carlyle to control everything Alliance will fail. Pay more respect to people who are loyal and actually care.

Advice to Management

- Pay respect to your hard-working individuals.

- Stop playing favorites, the incompetence is unraveling.

-Stop hiring your friends, hire reputable people.

- Stop the gossip.

- Stop lying to your people and investors.

"Overworked. Underpaid. Not enough resources."

I have been working at Alliance Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's been 3 years and I can't think of any positive experiences to expand on. When I was first hired I felt excited to join Alliance. Regrettably, I wish I would have stayed with my previous management company who did a better job.

Cons

Everyone is overworked. Not a single person that I've met is content with their position and function they serve. Overall, people are stressed about the unrealistic workload. Cheap equipment, minimal support from upper management and owners.

In the mountain region, it is very nepotistic. Certain areas of upper management also have family in key positions, and most are narcissistic and extremely bossy "know it alls". They are given special treatment in regards to standard company policy and usually take time off that regular employees would not be approved of.

Managers are overworked and typically push their work responsibilities from the top down, just like the regional managers do to their property managers. Even though they are generously compensated. The assistant managers and sales associates are underpaid and given larger workloads. Managers never want to tour prospective residents and always avoid it where they can.

Regional Managers are usually obnoxious and act in a way that comes off they are better than you. Some make comments about your makeup, dress style, and anything negative about your appearance such as weight. One regional manager in particular makes working here uncomfortable by his comments about our appearance. Many of us talk about it but nothing has ever been done.

There are others who share my view but we don't feel safe to express our opinion openly because you'll be terminated eventually for being against the company.

I hate working here.

Advice to Management

Don't be shocked that people hate working for you. There is a reason many have left to other companies. People don't enjoy being treated poorly and underpaid.