Alliance for a Healthier Generation - Overall good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alliance for a Healthier Generation

"Overall good place to work"

Pros

The organization has a fantastic mission. We focus on making real change. I am surrounded by really talented individuals. We have several content experts and Initiative Directors who are some of the best in their fields.

Cons

Our structure is somewhat complicated. Must of us work remotely, so most employees do not get that sense of being a part of something bigger. Lots of conference calls. Employees are not empowered to make decisions.

Advice to Management

1. The organization needs to be more active in building real partnerships with other organizations.
2. The Executive Director and Initiative Directors need to give more authority to their staff.
3. Support education and training for employees. We need to stay current and improve areas that we are not strong in. I look around and I see some of the most talented people I know. They got that way because of past experience and training. Why have we stopped training our people. A stipend of $100 per year for training and education is worthless.

Other Employee Reviews for Alliance for a Healthier Generation

1. "Great Non-Profit to Work For"

I have been working at Alliance for a Healthier Generation full-time

Pros

Fantastic people to work with - smart, kind, and energetic. Virtual organization that allows you to work from anywhere. Hours can be flexible. Encourages you to work out during the day - which is great! Recommend for anyone wanting to do exciting work in Public Health.

Cons

Salary leaves much to be desired and is not necessarily equitable with people working in different parts of the organization doing less work. Flat organization - so not a lot of room for advancement.

2. "Used to be better"

I worked at Alliance for a Healthier Generation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home and flexibility are the best reasons to work here. There are some great managers who are fabulous to work for and will take care of their employees and there are some not very good ones. The work has value. Compensation and benefits decent for non-profit even if not equitable across the board.

Cons

No job security. All positions are funded by grants and at any moment a grant may end or management may decide to divert those funds elsewhere. Have lost focus on who they are, are trying to be everything to everyone in order to chase funder dollars. Increasingly asked to do more as staff shrinks and resources are not provided.

Advice to Management

Figure out your core business. Do not ask more when you have less resources. More concern for the upheaval in peoples lives when they are laid off.