Alliance for a Healthier Generation - Overall good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alliance for a Healthier Generation

"Overall good place to work"

Pros

The organization has a fantastic mission. We focus on making real change. I am surrounded by really talented individuals. We have several content experts and Initiative Directors who are some of the best in their fields.

Cons

Our structure is somewhat complicated. Must of us work remotely, so most employees do not get that sense of being a part of something bigger. Lots of conference calls. Employees are not empowered to make decisions.

Advice to Management

1. The organization needs to be more active in building real partnerships with other organizations.
2. The Executive Director and Initiative Directors need to give more authority to their staff.
3. Support education and training for employees. We need to stay current and improve areas that we are not strong in. I look around and I see some of the most talented people I know. They got that way because of past experience and training. Why have we stopped training our people. A stipend of $100 per year for training and education is worthless.

Other Employee Reviews for Alliance for a Healthier Generation

1. "Great Experience"

Former Intern - Program Director in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Program Director in New York, NY

I worked at Alliance for a Healthier Generation as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The Alliance and the Clinton Foundation as a whole truly integrated their interns into the large, non-profit experience. I walked away with vast experience in research, project management and program development.

Cons

The internship was unpaid and, because of the projects assigned, there may be a lot of pressure to deliver.

Advice to Management

Offer more career advancement services to interns as they assimilate out of the foundation.

2. "Senior leadership Needs a Mirror"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Alliance for a Healthier Generation full-time

Pros

The mission and work is awesome and meaningful!

Cons

Senior leaders not following through on keeping jobs in tact. There was a Development department that seemed to get it, then they left (whole department) because the other SLT members didn't have it together.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping jobs and people will thrive.