Alliance iCommunications - Worst Employer I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Alliance iCommunications

"Worst Employer I've ever had."

Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Inbound Call Centre Agent in London, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were awesome, and we shared a lot of laughs. 99% of the customers were pleasant and easy to deal with. If management could have gotten their act together I never would have never left.

Cons

All of the problems with this job/company begin and end with the "coaches" and management. They were VERY clear to us in training that "there will be favorites" and we should just get used to that. They make you clock out to use the bathroom, and if you use more than 5 minutes of bathroom time per day, you must give up one of your breaks. OR...you have the very generous offer to divide your lunch into 6 five minute breaks to allow for bathroom breaks.
During our training the coaches were very upbeat and fun, and told us a lot of positive things about the job. We were a brand new campaign (Canadian roadside service) and training was like a constant pep rally. Once we were back to the call centre that changed immediately. There was constant "QA", or feedback. It was always negative. Unless of course you were one of the favorites, then you could get away with murder without being called out on it. How do you get to be a favorite? Well, if you worked with the coaches at Teletech, or you flirted with the male staff and/or wore low cut shirts showing lots of cleavage, you had a really good shot of being a favorite. Once you've secured that spot you can give members wrong information, you can be late, or call in, you can have your preferred shifts, you can sit on your desk, chewing gum (supposedly not allowed on the call centre floor) reading a book, with your feet on your chair and no one will say a word to you.
Retention is not important to Alliance and they don't care if you leave or stay.
Be warned, they will outright lie to you during your interview about "working around your schedule". They won't. Also, in all the time I was there I never worked a full 40 hour week. They will send you home early citing "business needs". Another important thing to know is that you leave before you complete 150 hours, they roll your wages back to minimum wage for all the hours you've already worked, which means you lose your last pay cheque.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your staff like cattle, and acknowledge how hard they work for you. Care more about keeping your fully trained staff and make your team members feel valued by you.

Other Employee Reviews for Alliance iCommunications

1. "Worst job ever"

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time

Pros

It's a job and the floor staff were kind and helpful as they should be.

Cons

The "coaches" make up lies about you and ignorantly assume everything is your fault. 2 coaches in particular treated me like crap. Anyone who works there now knows who I mean. Inadequate training. They think that practicing navigation on the computer isn't important.

Advice to Management

Fire the two coaches for their rude attitude, lies and ignorant assumptions, Replace them with the people who work on floor staff since they actually have good hearts.

2. "Don't do it"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative

I worked at Alliance iCommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet great people there, and it pays the bills. The company couldn't care less about you and they make that very clear, so I guess that's a positive. You are replaceable.

Cons

- Scheduling is terrible and inconsiderate
    - No understanding of accommodation/Labour Laws or Human Rights
    - It lowers your overall quality of life
    - Expect a 25 cent raise every 2000 hours

Advice to Management

- Set up a preferred schedule system. Have everyone fill out their preferred shift times (I.e. Day, evening, late, overnight) along with which days. Then, based on stats, seniority and demand, allot said shifts.
    - At the end of the day, management is capable of very little. They get screwed over just about as much as we do. (Coaches)