AllianceOne - I'm a new employee, decent so far, good training program. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AllianceOne

"I'm a new employee, decent so far, good training program."

Current Employee - Collections Agent in Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Collections Agent in Eagan, MN

Pros

potential for good money if you don't mind plowing through phone calls you have to dial and shaking down people to pay their debts.

Cons

Hounding deadbeats to pay their debts making high volume calls and contacts each day and noise from others in their cubes.

Advice to Management

I haven't been there long enough to make a fair assessment on what advice I could give to management so far.

Other Employee Reviews for AllianceOne

"I wouldn't wish this as a place of employment for my own worst enemy."

Former Employee - Collection Representative in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Collection Representative in Eagan, MN

Pros

*Work shifts are flexible. Either you start at 7am, 8am, or Noon. This gives you ability to do split shifts (7am - 11am and 5pm -9pm) so you can interview with other companies during the afternoon.
    *It's a paycheck (if you are in that bad of a need for income)
    *Most of the co-workers are in the same boat as you, so they understand what you are going through

Cons

Where to begin.....

*Management from the top down is terrible.
    *No room for advancement unless you are in "The Boys Club" and get hand fed.
    *Work comes before personal life issues (especially at the end of the month)
    *Your goals keep getting increased so you do not "hit your commission payout level" from time to time. This is a cost saving measure.

........I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Advice to Management

* Respect your employees
    * Pay employees with an open commission plan. You may be amazed at how productive some folks can be when you don't cap their earnings.
    * Quit trying to impress the shareholders. Focus on employees. If it wasn't for the employees, your doors wouldn't be open.
    * Start making drug testing a requirement for hire. It wouldn't hurt to give random tests to managers/employees throughout the year.

2. "good place to work"

Pros

good people, good hours , easy to collect on goverment debt, cake on your birthdays !!!

Cons

very competitive for comission, your are micromanaged , not a lot of room to grow