Allianz Insurance - Unpersönliche Atmosphäre | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allianz Insurance

"Unpersönliche Atmosphäre" "Impersonal Atmosphere"

Former Contractor - Studentische Hilfskraft in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
Former Contractor - Studentische Hilfskraft in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I worked at Allianz Insurance as a contractor (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Selbst als Werkstudent hatte ich eine große Verantwortung als Projektleiter beim Gestalten der Quartals- und Jahresberichte und der Präsentationen der Beschwerdestellen. Meine Kollegen waren immer nett zu mir. In jeder Abteilung gibt es einen guten Anteil an Männern und Frauen.

Even as a student worker I had a great deal of responsibility (project leader), constructing the quarterly- and yearly reports and presentations of board complaints. My colleagues were always nice to me and there is a good share of men and women in each department.

Cons

Mir begegnete eine sehr unpersönliche Atmosphäre, mit vielen sterilen Büros, teppichbespannten Fluren und geschlossenen Türen. Meine Chefin und ihre Kollegin gingen miteinander sehr förmlich um, obwohl sie fast zehn Jahre Seite an Seite arbeiteten.

I experienced a very impersonal atmosphere, with very sterile offices, quiet carpeted halls and closed doors. My boss and her colleague, even though working almost ten year side by side, had a very formal form of salutation among each other.

Advice to Management

Um die Abteilung besser kennenzulernen, würde ich ein morgendliches Treffen einberaumt haben. Die Mittagszeit lässt sich schlechter planen. Auch würde ich einen weniger steifen Umgang miteinander empfehlen.

In order to get to know the department better, I would have scheduled a morning gathering, as lunch together is often harder to schedule. Also I would recommend a less formal form of salutation.

Other Employee Reviews for Allianz Insurance

1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

I have been working at Allianz Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great working environment

Cons

IT investment needs to be better

Advice to Management

invest in your IT as you will not achieve your aspirations until you do this.

2. "AGCS: Another version of Fireman's Fund: In a word: Mismanaged."

Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allianz Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bonus and benefits fairly standard. Not much more to say as this was the worst work experience of my 25+ year career.

Cons

Zero technology. No underwriting support staff.. a few heavily overworked policy issuers at a remote location. Thug management all well known to each other and self protecting ( some poorly educated ). See Fireman's Fund reviews for similar comments re AGCS. Not trustworthy..be careful what you share with whom especially your manager. Marketing department is 100% waste foisted on the backs of production underwriters.

Advice to Management

Retire. You are the biggest problem. If you were real leaders you wouldn't have had to pad your ranks with cronies. Germany is probably still unaware.