Allianz - Unique experience that gave me meaningful exposure to the general insurance industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allianz

"Unique experience that gave me meaningful exposure to the general insurance industry"

Former Intern - German Desk Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Former Intern - German Desk Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Allianz as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Shanghai office of the General Insurance business of Allianz. It was a unique experience - Allianz is undoubtedly one of the biggest insurers in the world, but Shanghai office is new and growing. It gave me a unique entrepreneurial experience in a major global firm. I enjoyed the exposure to both sides.

Cons

I got the internship through family connection, so it was not a formal internship program. As a result, the internship was not very structured. I didn't feel fully challenged during the internship. However, my direct manager went a long way to ensure that I was doing well. That guidance and attention was helpful.

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything in particular

Other Employee Reviews for Allianz

1. "nice, appreciative colleagues with good work-life balance"

I worked at Allianz full-time

Pros

collaborative environment, across functions. Open-minded mgmt and communicative.

Cons

depending on the manager you report to, you either get a good mentor or not.

Advice to Management

2. "One of the best companies to work for."

Pros

Known for their best HR practices, employee engagement and career growth. Diverse work culture, extra curricular activities, Flexy timings etc are other attributes

Cons

Mostly BPO in nature. Hence the stability of the company depends a lot on stability of the industry. There are hardly any more cons to say.

Advice to Management

Keep on going the same way..