Allied Cash Advance - If you want to go nowhere, work for Allied. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allied Cash Advance

"If you want to go nowhere, work for Allied."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The working hours at Allied were good. Monday through Thursday from 8:30-6p, Fridays until 7p and Saturdays until 3p. We had Sundays off. Our store only had two employees so, if you work with someone you can get along with it's nice. We got the typical holidays off. Health insurance was good and the vision and dental was pretty good. Before our bonus system changed, it was great. By the time the store closed they had changed it and it wasn't so good. The DM that I had before this last one (she was promoted to corp) was really a great manager and gave good feedback. She was honest, too. I liked that about her.

As far as salary goes, Allied Cash Advance pays the highest of any pay day loan stores in our area. How do I know this? Some of the other pay day loan stores managers loaned with us. So, I know what they made...not good. I made about $7-$9 to more than them.

Cons

Working at Allied Cash Advance was a real trial most days. I was "groomed" for a training manager position and wanted to train for a DM position. When I got the new DM, the training manager position went to someone in his old district. This woman bragged about treating customer badly and also about not really working.

The communication was not good. I knew at least two months ahead of time that the company was going to close our store and they denied it, right up until a couple of weeks before actually closing the store. The company closed several stores in the spring and I was assured that we were safe, we bonused EVERY quarter up until the month we were closed. How can they close a store that is continually bonusing? The company actually told my DM to tell us over the phone, at least he had the balls to do it in person. They gave us a closig date and then closed us two weeks earlier. I had them put the first date in writing, good thing, because they tried to get out of paying us for the last two weeks. They ended up paying us only because I told them that they had put it in writing and that the labor board would have a field day with the whole situation. Then, they cut off my benefits. I know this is illegal but my calls have gone unreturned. I havent' even received a COBRA notice.

I don't mind marketing but they expect us to get out 2500 pieces a month and only pay us $30 a month for gas. Also, they want us to participate in community, because this is one of our CORE Values, on our own time. It makes it hard if you have a family. Speaking of which, good luck if you need a Friday off or you want to spend time with them during the holidays, this is all blacked out and I ended up working the last three Christmas's and New Years.

We went through more RDO's in three years than I can count and I only met one of them.

There is absolutly no respect coming from upper management. They like to hire people that have little or no training and treat them like dirt. I was actually told that I needn't look at past years numbers because I would not really understand them anyway. I am not stupid. I have been in finance for the last ten years and actually can read spreadsheets and understand trends. Even my DM couldn't understand some of the information I was throwing him.

We always felt like we would lose our jobs at the drop of a hat, we were expendable. They could replace us with any Tom, Dick or Harry off of the street and they wouldn't care.

If you want a good paying, no respect job that you won't get promoted in than Allied Cash Advance is for you.

Advice to Management

Listen, respect, and quit milking your employees time. Be more family friendly. Don't hire idiots and if you hire someone that isn't an idiot and he/she want to move up in the company, give them a chance to prove themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Allied Cash Advance

1. "Mostly good, some drawbacks but a fine job overall."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Allied Cash Advance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule is all right, pay isn't bad and it's not hard to deal with upper management. Contrary to popular belief you're not pushed to break the law or lie to customers. In fact you're required to follow strict guidelines legally.

Cons

Some goals are just not possible, and dealing with customers can be stressful. A lot of changes which can switch back as little as days later.

Advice to Management

Consider customers goals on a case by case basis for stores rather than trying to simplify it as a formula. Give employees and customers warning before changing things up all at once to have fair warning to be ready.

2. "The Worst Experience"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Allied Cash Advance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None not even 1/2 a pro .. Nothing zero nada

Cons

All lies not truthful, not interested in employees retention, this company is just interested in sucking you in to con innocent unsuspecting people to rip them off. The system they use sucks, always faulty, always down, uses employees as collection agents asking them to break the law. Lie cheat and do anything to get money.

Advice to Management

Shut the company down and try to get hired in a real job