Allied Electronics - great work / life balance... but your paycheck will suffer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allied Electronics

"great work / life balance... but your paycheck will suffer."

Pros

the executive management team works well with managers all the way down to warehouse workers. It is a team environment, but favoritism is prevelant. The people here are very laid back and are more than willing to help you if you have questions

Cons

Pay is not nearly worth what employees have to put into the company in order to be successful. Favoritism plays a part with promotions. Some managers do not even have college degrees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the teamwork environment. Communication could always be better, but overall, just make sure that the right people are in the right places and dont just consider Tenure when promoting. Consider who will do the best job.

Other Employee Reviews for Allied Electronics

1. "Great place to work. Excellent leadership. You're not just a number"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Allied Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with Allied for quite some time. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunities that Allied has afforded me. There have been growing pains along the way but the environment is one of camaraderie and teamwork. I have had great leaders to mentor me and help me grow. Whenever I have had personal things to deal with, I had the backing of my superiors and a great support network. The compensation has been fair and done in a way that encourages high performance.

Cons

Being a Canadian working for an American company has it's cultural/communication challenges. Only to be expected eh?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "It was a good place while it lasted."

Pros

When it was open, they offered huge commissions and sales goals that could be met if you worked hard.

Cons

Managers sometimes played favorites and if you got on there bad side you were opening yourself up to working all of the bad shifts.

Advice to Management

Should have done more to stay in business so I wouldnt have to be looking for a new job.