Allied Materials - Most stress of any job due to management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allied Materials

"Most stress of any job due to management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

good people, location, successful, good market, interesting, workforce, not discriminatory, hours, contacts, Kansas City, fair benefits, bonus system, customers

Cons

Management treatment of employees, no one works there long, low pay, no pay out of bonus system, management not sure what they want, no clear direction, constant pressure to control things not within your control, constant insults and attachs on character and performance with no clear guidance or positive reinforcement, never told of job well done, management only looks for negatives, Ideas and opinions are not welcome even when asked

Advice to Management

Need to raise pay scales, and attend management classes.

Other Employee Reviews for Allied Materials

1. "Great learning experience"

I worked at Allied Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gained critical skills required to succeed when working in an often hostile environment. The products manufactured at Allied are outstanding.

Cons

There are too many to mention. There is a very good reason the turnover rate is so very high. The greed of the owner is evident in every aspect of employment at Allied.

2. "Opportunities For Growth Abound"

Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Allied Materials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Multi-faceted responsibilities keep me on top of my skills and knowledge. I love the fact that we are given many opportunities to be involved in company growth and success. My manager looks out for my best interest and always presents me with the option to expand my skill set and knowledge. Advanced training is provided for career growth. It is also very important to me to work at a company that is philanthropic and cares about the community in which we live. Nice unconventional perks too!

Cons

As we are very busy and a small company, there may be times that you have to pitch in outside of your primary job skill. Also, we work on several projects/tasks at a time, so you need to be able to “switch gears” quickly. If you do not thrive on activity and innovation, this might not be a good career fit for you.

Advice to Management

Maintain the growth pace we are at and strive to make us bigger and better.