Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job

Jul 15, 2021 - Security Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They work with you on a schedule

Cons

Pay isnt all that great

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great People with a lot of growth potential

Oct 15, 2021 - Branch Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing People and a lot of opportunity

Cons

Security work can be challenging

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Only work here if you're upper management

Oct 1, 2021 - Security Officer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

My peers were, for the most part, enjoyable people. They made the work tolerable. You end up building some pretty good work relationships with the other guards.

Cons

It's a game of Russian roulette whether you end up with a good site. I got a horrible one and horrible management last time. Pay is meh. Most you'll get is $15 an hour, and that's with the expectation that you be superhuman. Management does not listen to you, at all. If there are problems and you point them out you risk getting blamed for them. All the fault for everything ends up being put on the guards despite the fact that most of the issues come from management failing to manage anything. They just want to sit back and cool their heels on the computer while the guards break their backs and get yelled at. You will get yelled at for everything. Account manager yelled at me for 15 minutes in the front door of our site while all the sites employees were walking past us. Which is inappropriate and unprofessional no matter what. But it was literally because I couldn't get my car into the parking lot because the account manager wasn't watching his shift and allowed the lot to get completely backed up out into the road so I ended up being late cause I couldn't get through. You're expected to work no matter what. My cars brakes literally gave out and I got written up for not coming to work. And don't ever expect your account manager to cover a shift even though that is technically one of their responsibilities.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Allied Universal.