KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Security

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice I really enjoy it

Cons

It is okay for now.

1. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee

MTS Trolley Transit Officer

Sep 28, 2021 - Security Officer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

10 hour 4 day week 3 days off

Cons

Working as a under payed police officer

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Some good and some bad

Jan 5, 2022 - Security Officer in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allied is ALWAYS hiring and you never have a problem with picking up as many hours as you would like. Entry level/Flex and Supervisor positions are simple and easy positions in my experience as long as you follow the guidelines from the client. Also, Allied is in most major cities so if you want to transfer to a different state it is a fairly simple process. Some of the people you meet are incredible and makes work go by that much faster and more enjoyable. I've had great experiences with both clients I worked with. Any issues I had, my local HR person was extremely helpful and quick to respond and resolve issues. Lastly, getting paid weekly is great.

Cons

Allied is ALWAYS hiring because at least in the Chicagoland area most sites are short staffed. That means if they do not have someone to relieve you, you may have to stay the mandatory 4 hours or until a replacement shows up. This can be annoying if you have plans after work. It is also dependent on your account manager. In 1 year of working between 2 sites, I have had 5 account managers. 2 of which were good/ok and the other 3 were not that great so they did not last long at the sites. Lastly, depending on how short staffed the site is, they may not be willing to reprimand insubordinate employees because they cannot afford to leave the post empty. I've experienced employees showing up to work under the influence, ignoring/disrespecting supervisors and clients. At times it seemed like quantity of employees is more important than quality. Again, I only have experience in the Chicagoland area so it could be different in other regions.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Allied Universal.