AlliedBarton - Pretty good starter security job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

"Pretty good starter security job"

Current Employee - Unarmed Private Security Officer in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Unarmed Private Security Officer in Portland, OR

Pros

Multitude of job sites, you can work at multiple sites. If you, like me, get a great account manager that's hard working and is actually around, kudos! Plenty of oppertunities to advance. Really enjoy my job, in all honesty.

Cons

Training isn't as comprehensive as I would have liked. The MSO training is nice, but buttons and pins aren't great rewards for extra training. Also, my recuiter told me I would be paid a lot more for a job that would go full time. Still part time, and less pay than I anticipated.

Advice to Management

Not at this time.

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"It beats unemployment, but not by much."

Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

I work at a remote site, therefore we have limited interference from AB management. Most of the team are mature individuals with previous experience in military or police work. We service a very large property (in excess of 250 acres) by motor and foot patrol. The client employees are very friendly and respectful of our officers. In general this is a very pleasent place to work. On site training and client customer support are excellent.

Cons

In general, to AB managment, we are as valuable as last weeks newspaper. AB company training is, for the most part, a joke. MSO has little to no practical application to the work we do. Fire Safety Officer training is only moderately more effective. None of this training is transferable out side AB. All of the pins and buttons, certificates, ataboys, etc, combined with three dollars and change, will just about buy a gallon of gas. In the two plus years that I have worked this site the account manager has visited the site four times. We have employees who have never seen the A M. Most nights and weekends the AB officer is the only person on the property, with our only outside contact our two way radio, which connects to an operations center nearly 15 miles away. Most of the people at the operations center are so poorly trained, they don't even know where in the city we are located, not to mention where on the property we are. I have NO confidence in their ability to be of assistance in an emergency situation, an attitude I believe that is shared by other team members. There is no mechanism for passing suggestions up the line to management. Post orders, at best, are vague. For the most part leftovers from the previous company that covered this contract, several years ago. The result, we are often left to our own best judgement as to appropriate responce to emergency situations. If someone up the line decides to disagree with that decision, WE get fired. Management makes it very clear that if you don't like the situation, there will be no problem to replace you. In the REAL world of employment an emloyee is as valuable a what he or she produces. Since we produce nothing, that's just how valuable we are.

Advice to Management

Provide a realistic means of passing along assesments of problems and conditions on the jobsite. Provide a means of comunicating emergency information and personel capable of appropriate action. It wouldn't hurt to have management have some familiarity with the site and employees at the site.

"Bad, bad, bad"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Warsaw, IN
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Warsaw, IN

Pros

Some of the people I work with are great.

Cons

No advancement
    Company does not follow own handbook
    Do not get raises on time nor back pay owed

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is actually going on at the site and why the hours were really cut.