AlliedBarton - Security Guard | Glassdoor

"Security Guard"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Ottumwa, IA
Former Employee - Security Guard in Ottumwa, IA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job not much else.

Cons

To many duties wrap up into one so many job titles.

Advice to Management

Nope

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"employment"

Current Employee - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy hiring, small raise after 6 months if your told about it.

Cons

Management here in San Antonio could use some training, I worked for a year covering shifts when other officers were late constantly, I never called in 1 yr never late, no absences. When I asked to move to another shift since the web site showed elig the manager refused to let me move to another site with higher pay because it would mean I would no longer be on his accts. I took that as holding me back because I was good.

Advice to Management

if the clients have specific managers that watch and have weekly meetings supposedly, obviously They are not being honest. Since one of the other operations manager asked why I was quitting and I told nobody wanted to give me a chance on their contracts. He said it was never brought up, which is exactly my point. you lose good employees due to fraudulent manager.

"Shady company with lack of growth"

Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you smile at upper management, they will give you an opportunity for almost any assignment. Having free uniforms is another good thing, with some store discounts if they tell you which stores to go to for the benefit.

Cons

Only half of the company is unionized, so when they threaten you wrongfully and don't pay you, you'll have to consult matters with the very young and incompetent human resources Department. The accounts managers feel and act invisible to being reprimanded for poor management. Not only will they destroy your pay, but they can even effect your taxes. Very shady company with people not even advancing after 20 years. Now I'm with a union, with better pay, and growth as well. They have no back up either. Very shady company, keep your eyes open for better after your first year to six months with the company.

Advice to Management

The quality of your company will grow if you treat your employees with expectations for growth. Even if you're hiring someone from the streets when you said FJC does this, give them the motivation toward wanting more out of the job (just over broke) opportunity that you're giving them as a profession.