AlliedBarton - All in all, I enjoyed working at AlliedBarton. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

"All in all, I enjoyed working at AlliedBarton."

Former Employee - Seattle, WA in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Seattle, WA in Seattle, WA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with very knowledgeable, considerate people who helped balance work and personal life while meeting business needs. The opportunities abound for advancement if you want to stay within the company and want to meet the challenges and people daily. Be ready to be flexible, professional, outgoing, willing to work flexible hours as needed.

Cons

I really had no downside issues with AlliedBarton. Due to nature of business there is simply a high turnover of people, some work out and others shine and advance in this career path.

Advice to Management

Tukwila branch office has great people working there.

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"Scheduling nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent amount of full time hours. Most of the people are good to work with. Uniforms are provided and are of good quality.

Cons

Very inconsistent hours/days. Some weeks I would not know when I would be working almost until the day of. You absolutely cannot call in sick or have an emergency, because getting someone to cover your post can be next to impossible. And if you are unlucky enough to be a rover, dont plan on having a life outside of work because the minute someone calls in sick, has an emergency, or resigns on the spot (which happens frequently), then you have to fill that post- no matter how short notice or if it is day or night. No vacation time until after an employee has worked at least a year. Health benefits are not very good. Overall, I would not recommendd working here unless you are sure you are going to move up the ladder quickly.

Advice to Management

There is really nothing they can do, as they are bound by what the clients pay for the services. And many clients have a habit of frequently asking Allied to lower the price of the service.

2. "Experience Building"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisory skills are vastly improved, Leadership and training are strongly emphasized. American owned. Nationwide and can promote within

Cons

Field pays poorly, promotion is slow, people are looked at at resources not human beings that need a break

Advice to Management

Make sure you look at employees as people not just as resources. Practice the "internal customer" philosophy that is in so much of the EDGE training