AlliedBarton - All in all, I enjoyed working at AlliedBarton. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

"All in all, I enjoyed working at AlliedBarton."

Former Employee - Seattle, WA in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Seattle, WA in Seattle, WA

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with very knowledgeable, considerate people who helped balance work and personal life while meeting business needs. The opportunities abound for advancement if you want to stay within the company and want to meet the challenges and people daily. Be ready to be flexible, professional, outgoing, willing to work flexible hours as needed.

Cons

I really had no downside issues with AlliedBarton. Due to nature of business there is simply a high turnover of people, some work out and others shine and advance in this career path.

Advice to Management

Tukwila branch office has great people working there.

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"Scheduling nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent amount of full time hours. Most of the people are good to work with. Uniforms are provided and are of good quality.

Cons

Very inconsistent hours/days. Some weeks I would not know when I would be working almost until the day of. You absolutely cannot call in sick or have an emergency, because getting someone to cover your post can be next to impossible. And if you are unlucky enough to be a rover, dont plan on having a life outside of work because the minute someone calls in sick, has an emergency, or resigns on the spot (which happens frequently), then you have to fill that post- no matter how short notice or if it is day or night. No vacation time until after an employee has worked at least a year. Health benefits are not very good. Overall, I would not recommendd working here unless you are sure you are going to move up the ladder quickly.

Advice to Management

There is really nothing they can do, as they are bound by what the clients pay for the services. And many clients have a habit of frequently asking Allied to lower the price of the service.

2. "For you, ONLY if your in management"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance is okay, the site I work is an 8 hr shift. Most of the Officers I work with are great.

Cons

Pay is low. You only receive sick days, or personal days, if the client you work for wants to pay for them, though if you are an account manager or if you work in an AlliedBarton corporate office you receive them plus more vacation time and longer funeral leave. Everything is based on if you average 35 hours or more a week. With Obamacare starting, they are encouraging managers to hire more part time employees and keep them below the 30 hours to avoid paying for insurance. They promote who they want, then a day later post the job to make it look legit. Basically your only treated as well as the client wants to pay to treat you.

Advice to Management

Treat your Security Officers like you treat your clients, or your corporate employees instead of like equipment. The training is terrible, your given the answers to the tests to rush you through so the "trainer" can go back to Indianapolis. The "Edge" training modules is full of grammatical errors and contradictions this needs fixed. I would suggest using an undercover officer at sites to find out the truth about how things operate.