AlliedBarton - Best security Company in Tampa | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

"Best security Company in Tampa"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid management and worked around your schedule if needed. Rotating shifts.

Cons

low pay and long hours if you have to pick up someone who called off shift.

Advice to Management

Better scheduling to have better work life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"Not an enjoyable work experience"

Former Employee - Major in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Major in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nearly always available hours to work. Some of the people are good, dependable co workers

Cons

Unpredictable and odd shifts, frequently called to work last minute. Little room for job growth. I was hired on as the "major", although I felt this was an honorary title as I rarely did anything remotely resembling that rank. 90% of the time I was a flex officer, going from site to site relieving others and covering posts for vacationing or sick officers. I spent an entire year being befuddled, as I always thought a major out ranked a captain, not vice versa. I spent so much money on gas driving to far flung posts while waiting to finally perform jobs equal to my rank that I eventually just had to resign. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who wants to do anything other than stand or sit at a post and do nothing for 8 hours a day.

""Dare to work here only if you need to survive" should be the company's motto"

Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending the site you work at you may have the opportunity to meet some nice people.

Cons

1) No health benefits.

2) There is no room for advancement. Beware: You may be told to take certain internal exams and trainings to help you move forward in your career; these trainings do not lead to a raise in your salary. The trainings will only help Account Managers receive bonuses.

3) It is easy to become complacent and forget to make goals for yourself. It is your responsibility alone to not allow this to happen.

4) Lack of sick days and personal days makes it stressful to take off from work. You are threatened with being written up or let go even if you have emergencies that arise out of your control.

Advice to Management

You have great values on paper. Try to shift these values from words to action. Please provide great health benefits for your employees and better pay.