AlliedBarton - Allied Barton for future employment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AlliedBarton

"Allied Barton for future employment."

Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Armed Security Officer in Savannah, GA

I have been working at AlliedBarton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was always PLENTY of work to do. Seems like we were always short personnel.

Cons

I was only there 9 month's, and it seems I spent more time training people than I did aything else

Advice to Management

(LOCAL MANAGMENT) Account manager, need to be more PRO ACTIVE with personnel. Not leaving hanning ..... You ask can you work over time on a day when you know there short, cause the schedule shows it. Thats if there was a schedule..... and they NEVER get back to you.

Other Employee Reviews for AlliedBarton

"Worst six years of my life..."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It pays the bills. Work and steady hours are available if you do not care about having days off on holidays. Some sites are nicer than others. Some coworkers actually know how to spell properly and are generally on time.

Cons

No chances for advancement. All their pretentious claims about promotion from within are a bunch of baloney. Absolutely no personal or sick days, and you get written up for anything short of a death in the family, even if you let them know WAY ahead of time. No pay raises even when an employee consistently scores the highest marks on the quarterly reviews. No differentiation between an excellent well-educated employee who knows every inch on the assigned site and always has complete and accurate reports versus someone who barely speaks English and only does just about the minimum - if that much - and messes up every other standard procedure.

Advice to Management

Take care of the quality people that work for you: you do not really get a lot of those. Do not hire every other thug that comes in and fills out an application.

"Not an enjoyable work experience"

Former Employee - Major in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Major in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at AlliedBarton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nearly always available hours to work. Some of the people are good, dependable co workers

Cons

Unpredictable and odd shifts, frequently called to work last minute. Little room for job growth. I was hired on as the "major", although I felt this was an honorary title as I rarely did anything remotely resembling that rank. 90% of the time I was a flex officer, going from site to site relieving others and covering posts for vacationing or sick officers. I spent an entire year being befuddled, as I always thought a major out ranked a captain, not vice versa. I spent so much money on gas driving to far flung posts while waiting to finally perform jobs equal to my rank that I eventually just had to resign. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who wants to do anything other than stand or sit at a post and do nothing for 8 hours a day.