Allina Health - Excellent Cardiology and Vascular health Hospital. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allina Health

"Excellent Cardiology and Vascular health Hospital."

Former Employee - Special Procedures Technologist in Coon Rapids, MN
Former Employee - Special Procedures Technologist in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Allina Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High retention of excellent cardiology technologists and nurses. Some of the most advanced Electrophysiology procedures with very experienced and talented Doctors.

Cons

Overshadowed by other Allina Hospitals that have very much less experienced staff.

Advice to Management

Keep your seasoned professionals they make all the difference.

Other Employee Reviews for Allina Health

"Questionable long-term employee commitment"

Current Employee - Office Staff in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Allina Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Slightly competitive pay, mostly friendly co-workers/other departments, easy to request time off without be guilt-over about it, flexible with work schedule (everybody in the same department don't need to have the same work shift, 8am-4:30pm)

Cons

Employee recognition and appreciation of hard work is an e-spot (an e-mailed award certificate), we're not kids trying for the "Hard Worker" award, we're trying to make a living in this bad economy; hard work and dedication should be rewarded with more appropriate incentive like a year-end bonus/cash or gift cards .

Expensive health coverage, no separate funeral/sick/vacation time, no holiday pay (it comes out of your PTO).

Senior management slow to improve/change processes and procedures; nothing is really written down so everyone can follow and do the work consistently and efficiently; overall nothing is organized or structured.

Management doesn't know or understand all of their staff's work and can't jump in to assist when needed.

Supervisor not professional and play favoritism with certain employees. These employees' work are not monitored so they can Facebook, shop online, or just chat/laugh/instant message all day while the few of us work ourselves tired, even skipping our breaks on some days to get our work done.

Company encourages career advancement since such a large company but moving within company doesn't seem to happen even though you're qualify or even over qualify for some positions.

Nobody wants to take responsibility, customer phone calls are routed all over and eventually gets send to you (not even the correct department) and by then the customer is frustrated and you unfortunately are on the receiving end of all anger; we have too many departments. Many departments can be combined (i.e. Customer Service and Intake) so that the customer doesn't need to be transferred from department to department just to get a few simple questions answered.

Some departments/branch offices are quite hostile and not professional, e-mails are incomplete, not clear and sometimes out right rude. It's hard to work for a company when the departments can't even work productively together and responsibilities keep being pushed around to some other department. Employees need to be held accountable for their actions.

Management should be aware of employee workload: additional duties shouldn't be added on to an already busy daily schedule and everything still expected to be completed in a timely business standard. One person can't do a 4-person job within an 8hrs shift, no matter how fast they work. Additional support needs to be consistently there (hire another full-time employee) to help and not just rely on other staff when they have time.

Annual reviews are pointless: they make you fill out this entire form about strengths, weakness, and opportunities to improve to supposedly discuss with you for your one-on-one with your supervisor. My supervisor barely looked at mine, I felt rushed into the meeting, she briefly mentioned a few things here and there and had me sign my form and then we were done. What was the point of me wasting my time on the form, so that it'll look pretty in my file.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop having so many "meetings" throughout the week for "changes/improvements" that never happens. Have a real meeting for once and make sure something productive does happen in a timely manner, not in the unforeseen future.

2. "I have much respect for the awesome Doctors and nurse that work at Allina."

Current Employee - Physician Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Physician Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Allina Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very outstanding hospitals, ethics they stand on, It was so easy to make the patients feel at ease.

Cons

I would rather not state anything.

Advice to Management

Everyone should be treated the same