Allscripts - Some pluses, some minuses | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

"Some pluses, some minuses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Dynamic culture, hands-off management style. I frequently felt that my opinions and my work was valued. Flexible hours and telecommuting were encouraged.

Cons

Much churn, lack of follow-through by management. Projects were often started and then died due to lack of resources being assigned. Too many rapidly changing priorities for limited staff. Lack of willingness to invest in resources to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs some downtime. You can't expect someone to be the sole resource in a particular area and be on call 24x7x365. Frugality is important in managing a company, but there's a difference between being frugal and being cheap.

Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts

1. "Best Oppertunity I have been given"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Salary, benefits, coworkers are a pleasure to work with

Cons

Follow through when told something would be done

"Up until they started outsourcing many jobs, I was generally satisfied with my positions. Lots of good employeed"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Health insurance premiums were kept quite reasonable and reviews and increases seemed reasonable and fair early on. There was a focus on teamwork and collaboration.

Cons

Over the years there were many changes in senior leadership that seemed to result in more politics, favoritism, rediculous signing bonuses, and "friends of the new guys" being added to the staff. I think there were about 6 new CEO's in as many years. Ultimately they started outsourcing jobs and I am told that some people had to train their replacements in INDIA in order to get their severance package.

Advice to Management

Keep jobs in the US.