Allstate - I Love Allstate because I am in Good Hands. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"I Love Allstate because I am in Good Hands."

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Owensboro, KY
Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Owensboro, KY

Pros

The best reason is for me personally, working with a limited amount supervision and co-workers. I'm not the type of person who likes to be micro-managed. I'm not the type of person who wants to hear personal conversations or issues, so with less than 3 employees in my work environment, make me smile and focus on my job. I also get discounts on many insurance products. Not only that, I get to write my own policies and learn from that as well. I like having a steady base pay along with commission from selling our insurance products. So its like working in sales and retail.

Cons

Having to learn the insurance business in such a short amount of time.

Advice to Management

We need local classes that emphasize on writing policies using the system that we write policies on.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "A Great Place to Work with Great People"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Allstate is a great environment to work. There are alot of friendly and knowledgeable people that get the work done. Its a place that really mobilizes when times require mobilization. There is quite a bit of flexibility with the work life balance. They continue to invest in their people to make sure that everyone stays relevant. Since its such a large company there are many opportunities available in the different areas. The moral of the group is very good in all parts of the company. They work hard to make sure that everyone all around is challenged and brings thier best to work everyday.

Cons

Its a fairly large environment so we are not cutting edge on many things

Advice to Management

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

2. "Working in an agency is ok for 3-5 years at the most."

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Dallas, TX

Pros

Working in an agency with people in the community without the corporate enviornment is a great thing and helps stay away from office politics. Things are lax and easygoing when there isn't huge pressure to make yearly goals that are almost unreachable. If you have been there a few years then you can make ok money. If you are good at your job then daily work is very easy but can become tedious. It is hard to come up with 100 words of reasons to work for Allstate besides it's basically a job that just pays the bills with little return in the end.

Cons

No where to grow within an agency without owning an agency. The pricing is uncompetitive and the lack of effort to keep longterm customers is getting more and more frustrating. Claims service could use a huge improvement. There have been major steps back in aspects of different department's organization and effectiveness. Product management has their own agenda, so they are not willing to listen to agents input most of the time. Software that is not ready for use and has lot's of bugs to fix is always a pain and slows down the work day. Ridiculous compensation package for agents in regards to bonus playing such a large part of income. Just have to play their petty game to make a buck.

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking what agent's really are having to say about the company. We know we aren't competitive but need to make sure people that peopl