Allstate - Career opportunities / growth is in full force | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Career opportunities / growth is in full force"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past two years the organization has really started to recognize the importance of retaining good talent by offering new developmental opportunities to all employees. This includes temporary rotational assignments, mentorship programs, an internal mobility program that allows employees to apply for any job within Allstate, pay-for-performance merit programs, tuition assistance, etc. The environment is also very inclusive and supportive. In my department we work hard but have a lot of fun together as a team. Management recognizes the importance of work-life balance. We also get one work-from-home day a week which is essential to my sanity as a commuter!

Cons

As with any big organization, there is a lot of room for process improvement ... but I've found this challenge to be another way to grow and improve myself professionally.

Also, big and important changes tend to happen fast (too quickly) here while small changes happen slow. I think this is just another part of working for a large, Fortune 100 organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"Customer Service oriented"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Livermore, CA

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customer Service experience. Gain knowledge of auto claims.

Cons

Large workload. Goals are too agressive and not aligned with customer service. Management is too concerned with pleasing upper management and achieving goals instead of actual customer service.

Advice to Management

Achieving goals are nice, but listen to the frontline employees. They are the ones that understand customer service and realistic goals.

"User Experience Professionals - Beware!"

Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL
    Former Contractor - User Experience Architect in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay. That's it. There was nothing else positive about this job. I took a significant pay cut just to get out of that place.

Cons

Management in the user experience team has no respect for their employees. They do not trust the UX people to change a simple control on the page. Management would verbally and publicly lecture, demean and debase employees. The technology behind the software is circa 1997. You're skills will wane there.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Respect their professional experience. Trust them to make good decisions. Stop being abusive.