Allstate - Great Training | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Great Training"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offered paid licensing and about 4 months of paid classroom training - you will not get this kind of training anywhere else. I felt fully prepared to perform my job when I finally went to the floor.

The culture is very friendly and team-oriented.

Cons

These are just personal preference things, but I wasn't crazy about the call center environment and shift work. And not having 2 days off in a row sucks.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Financial Service Reps"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity can be unlimited for the right person and the right partners. Reps are paired with Agency owners to work their book of business. If you get a new agency owner or one who understands how the relationship is supposed to work, there is no limit to the financial reward. You control your schedule. Most clients are used to coming to the office to meet. It was rare to go to one's home or business.

Cons

Many Agency owners have been beaten around the head and ears by Allstate management and have lost their motivation and desire. When you get leads, it's up to you to make it happen. There is very little involvement by the Agents after passing the lead. A phone call from the agent to their client may help get the person in the office. Most of the clients I dealt with were low to middle income and offered very little ability to afford life insurance. Many wanted a quote but were not realistic in what they would pay for the coverage.

Advice to Management

The Regional Sales Leaders need to work more closely with new Reps in the first 6-12 months. Very little training after the initial classes at the Regiional and National HQ. One would hope to get a call/visit six months in to determine why the Rep is not succeeding and what to do about it. Make the Agency owners give access to the book of business in order for the Reps to develop new leads.

2. "Great place to learn how to sell, advancement opportunities are few."

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid employee development program, great place to start insurance career

Cons

Slim advancement opportunities, increasingly diminishing bonus structure.

Advice to Management

Hire from within. Recognize talent and stop assuming that lifespan for employees is 3 to five years.