Allstate - Good starter internship, but could have been better experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Good starter internship, but could have been better experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Hudson, OH
Former Employee - Intern in Hudson, OH

I worked at Allstate part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice employees, the people I worked with were genuinely nice and helpful to be around. There also was a relaxed environment for interns, there was a lot of just shadowing and observing other workers. Got to have some good hands on with computers in the company.

Cons

The work space was huge, crowded, and old fashioned. Typical cubicles, felt impersonal, as if you were just another nameless employee with hundreds of others. Not the best intern program I've done; could have used more interesting work.

Advice to Management

Managers were nice and personable, good people from my experience. Perhaps set up a more structured internship program for specific technical needs rather than the broad program it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Real likeable management."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great time with management ranging with various personalities all helping you develop as a leader. Also, they helped me in college aid.

Cons

The time they allow for vacation is not all too available. After working for four years the vacation was still not very accessible.

Advice to Management

The management should focus on having the staff in continuous learning. The staff should always feel like they are improving and have more to learn. It keeps the company moving forward.

"Great People"

Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter
    Current Contractor - Contract Recruiter

I have been working at Allstate as a contractor

Pros

The northeast regional office is staffed by wonderful people who work together as a team. Corporate policies support work/life balance.

Cons

As with all large corporations, the control exerted by home office sometimes hinders responding to what's happening locally