Allstate - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Farmingville, NY
Former Employee - Claims Representative in Farmingville, NY

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-great growth opportunity
-good benefits
-great employee discounts

Cons

-None! I absolutely loved my job!!

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"your in bad hands"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their is absolutely nothing that is a pro working in the Malvern, pa location.

Cons

Poor management
    no leadership
    management team that lies to employees
    no career path
    salary poor
    administrative staff that are "moles" for mgmt

Advice to Management

Become Leaders, treat your employees as your most important commodity. STOP LYING during interviews. Be mentors, change the culture that you have created

"Former Claims Representative - Good company with a culture I can respect"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Cross Plains, WI
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Cross Plains, WI

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I do not know if all good things that I can say about the company is just due to the location I was In or the rest of the company is good as well, but I still could feel that they sincerely trying to be good to their customers and that kind of made employees feel good as well. It is nice to go to work and believe that you are doing something for a good cause.
    Schedule had enough flexibility to make it an extra great perk.
    Some managers were absolutely great, some were OK, but an overall, my impression about the company and direction they are heading is pretty good.
    The pay was they same or bit lower than other places in similar industry, but again - the company culture was giving enough satisfaction to deal with it.
    Benefits were good (Health insurance, 411k etc...)
    Pretty transparent - we had pretty good idea who our Top Managers were and saw or had some news from them pretty often.

Cons

Pay was the same or a bit lower than pay in my area for the same industry.
    Location I was working in closed down, unfortunately (but I have to say that Management treated 'closing' process pretty well and made an extra effort to make sure many 'laid off' people were able to find jobs after that pretty soon - some people choose to move with the company to different states as well)
    Possibilities for growth were limited in the location I was in. If you wanted to 'grow' you often had to move to a different state.
    I liked the company but decided that Insurance Industry is not my favorite direction in life.

Advice to Management

A little bit more connection with new technologies and Social Media would be good. It seems like company is trying to catch up there but not quite on a level yet.
    Keep working on "Customer First" culture. It is important and it does makes a difference.
    Just want to say 'thanks' for time I was there and good luck to the company.