Allstate - Satisfied Employee | Glassdoor

"Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Human Resource Professional in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Allstate. It is a company that really provides its employees with a couple different things. First of all, they offer generous benefits; a pension and a 401k, generous time-off and cost-effective medical benefits. Secondly, the company offers employees many opportunities to advance, either in the work that they do or in a different department. An employee can have multiple careers during their employment with Allstate. The opportunities are numerous.

I am a person that worked at Allstate and then left the company to try some other things. Over a period of years, I worked at a couple companies and they did not touch Allstate. I finally was able to return to Allstate last year and I can firmly say; the grass is not always greener on the other side. It definitely was not in my case.

I would recommend a career at Allstate to anyone.

Cons

Retirement is very far away

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Worked at Allstate for 30 years, job outsourced to Ireland"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was more of a family, advancement okay

Cons

Scary every time called into managers office: will I be let go today? Need better job security. Never thought so many employees would be let go, especially those with so much experience. Seems those people left were nearing retirement age.

Advice to Management

Same as cons; get rid of Tom Wilson. Should get involved in "Undercover Boss" program to find out real story.

2. "Claim Service Adjuster - National Catastrophe Team"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Indepence, excellent training program, great management and staff support. Excellent promotion and career path opportunities, open and fair internal hiring program. Good benefits including generous 401k matching and pension programs.

Cons

Compensation for the amount of expected production and performance seems lower than industry standard. Twelve hour workdays and the number of nights spent in hotels on the road can become physically and mentally draining.