Allstate - I am a newer employee and my experience has been great so far. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"I am a newer employee and my experience has been great so far."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees come and stay; it is not an environment that promotes high turnover; good recognition with departments (at least in mine); potential for career movement; inclusive culture

Cons

Because so many people take a long time to leave the company movement can sometimes seem stalled. Health insurance cost could be lower when compared to some other companies; it seems for an insurance company the employees would get better discounts on the actual insurance

Advice to Management

Increase the employee discount; continue with the culture change; find ways to become more competitive cost wise

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"A great place to burn out or if you enjoy politics at every turn!"

Current Employee - IT-Architect in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - IT-Architect in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large organization with the opportunity to move if you need to or get tired of fighting the same battles.

Cons

Some of the worst morale and pay I have seen. Senior leadership allows infighting and politics to guide most of the decision making. IT has outsourced many positions related to quality and now wonders why new software releases cause major outages. They also cut the pay of the remaining IT staff which has sent a clear message to the more talented resources to head elsewhere.

An okay place to start a career because the vast amount of dysfunction provides great example of how not to run a profitable company.

Advice to Management

Hire talented resources and pay them in a manner in which they will hang around. When making decisions start consider value to the customer/company ahead of the feeling of other leaders.

"Too much of a slave to Wall Street"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Trying to get to the 21st century with regards to work environment. Nice work environment and very stable financially

Cons

Having salaries that are comeptitive in the market is a big issue. Also, does not commit to any initiatives long term. Diversity initiatives commitment and employee development are lacking. Career progressioin is lacking as well.

Advice to Management

If you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk with regards to employee development and career advancement.