Allstate - Good Opportunity, Management will only help you for the first year | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Good Opportunity, Management will only help you for the first year"

Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A good environment if you connect with the right people. The trips and incentives are great but it is a full commission based job. Their technology is finally catching up and supports the field well.

Cons

The management will work hard to help you succeed for the first year and then they will try and replace you. The best thing you can do is build strong relationships and be successful selling. Don't expect any help after they get paid for your one year start up.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wise to create an environment that supports your long term growth. It's easy to create quick sales but the difficult thing is creating a system that creates consistent sales, I wish that I saw more support for long term processes.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Allstate treated me fairly, but the company is not growing, which makes it more difficult for opportunities."

Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Control Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with decent benefits.

Cons

I feel on average, the pay at Allstate is below the industry average. The company is trying to cut costs wherever they can, which is leading to a lot of outsourcing.

"As an Exclusive Agent I can say this..."

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer service line for help, Great Catastrophy teams around the country! They do stand by their service and most agents I've met are excellent people who care very much about their clients.

Cons

Large corporation that is out to make money over all. Premium pricing is always being adjusted to make money for the company. Agents are your best advocates but have no decision making ability...they/we just provide the clients with information pushed down from the corp' level

Advice to Management

The regional Sales Managers are tools that clearly have only pushed what they need to make upper VP's happy. Get into offices and find out what makes each one work, not what you want them to do.