Allstate - As an Exclusive Agent I can say this... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"As an Exclusive Agent I can say this..."

Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO
Current Employee - Exclusive Agent in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer service line for help, Great Catastrophy teams around the country! They do stand by their service and most agents I've met are excellent people who care very much about their clients.

Cons

Large corporation that is out to make money over all. Premium pricing is always being adjusted to make money for the company. Agents are your best advocates but have no decision making ability...they/we just provide the clients with information pushed down from the corp' level

Advice to Management

The regional Sales Managers are tools that clearly have only pushed what they need to make upper VP's happy. Get into offices and find out what makes each one work, not what you want them to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

"Years ago it was a good place to work, now it can only provide a recognizable company name on a resume."

Former Employee - IT - Whatever They Needed in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - IT - Whatever They Needed in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Allstate for 20 plus years and for the first 10 years it was a very good place to work. Initial pay, benifirs and raises "were" all very good. Also became exposed to many new technologies. Along with the other companies on my resume, Allstate is very recognizable so if you are a college "Fresh Out" consider Allstate as a starting point to get recognizable company names on your resume - but do not even consider making a career out of the place.

Cons

When Sears spun Allstate off as a separate company than leadership adopted a myopic view. Other than outsourcing work to foreign companies and annual RIFs there were no long term plans. Short term plans such as "Bigger, Broader, Better", "1st in 10", etc. were simply tactical busy work that were goals for less than a year before ReInsurance and Lincoln Life, and the Allstate Bank, were sold off. Agent workforce has been cut by 1/3 over the years and while at one point Allstate was a close second to State Farm they are now about half their size and about to be passed by Geico.

"Work-Life Balance Virtually Non-Existant"

Former Contractor - Business Analyst/QA Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Business Analyst/QA Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Allstate as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Secluded campus with walking trails, intense environment for those who want to challenge themselves

Cons

Unclear direction, unrealistic expectations from employees, philosophy of "negative attention is better than no attention"

Advice to Management

Respect employees and contractors when mistakes are made; senior management has made tremendous mistakes and rank and file are silenced