Allstate - Great Company, Lousy Compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"Great Company, Lousy Compensation"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are in a good area of the company, work hours and flexibility can be very good.

Cons

Workloads can get very heavy at times, raises are lousy and there are times that no raises are given. Bonuses are hardly ever given.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn how to acknowledge good workers more.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Leadership Development Program"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think that this program has great potential and its wonderful for people who get to be a part of departments that they preference. The salary is great, but it really depends on what department you get put in and where you see your future going. Some people are really open to helping, but others not so much.

Cons

I'm currently in my first rotation with LDP and i'm already thinking that I don't want to move forward and I haven't even been there two weeks. My biggest thing is that they need to seriously consider who they put into what department, because where I am now everything is going over my head and I seriously think in the next month i'm not going to be there because i'm so frustrated. The systems for their analytics is completely out of date. I should not have accepted the position in the first place and now I regret it. I honestly don't want to deter anyone from AllState, but I think that before you go into any position you seriously need to consider your options and they should as well. I'd say that my experience thus far has been horrible, the location is terrible, technology it horrible, and my overall experience thus far has not been good.

Allstate Response

Jul 22, 2013 – Employment Team

We are sorry to hear that your first weeks at Allstate have not met your expectations. By design, the Leadership Development Program puts participants into challenging rotations and we expect a steep ... More

2. "Good Opportunity, Management will only help you for the first year"

Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Exclusive Financial Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A good environment if you connect with the right people. The trips and incentives are great but it is a full commission based job. Their technology is finally catching up and supports the field well.

Cons

The management will work hard to help you succeed for the first year and then they will try and replace you. The best thing you can do is build strong relationships and be successful selling. Don't expect any help after they get paid for your one year start up.

Advice to Management

I think it would be wise to create an environment that supports your long term growth. It's easy to create quick sales but the difficult thing is creating a system that creates consistent sales, I wish that I saw more support for long term processes.