Allstate - My experience at Allstate has taught me what I want out of my career and demonstarted the steps I must take to get there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

"My experience at Allstate has taught me what I want out of my career and demonstarted the steps I must take to get there"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Northbrook, IL
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday I have the opportunity to meet individuals who hold positions that are brand new to me. I get the chance o work on projects that are unlike anything I have ever done before. Every experience is a learning experience. Through my internship, I am learning what I like and what I don't like. Figuring out what I don't like will only help my future career.

Cons

As an intern I would have enjoyed working on a larger team where I could interact with different people and on different projects every day.

Advice to Management

If you have an intern--give them the responsibility of a large project with a deadline. Learning about deadlines is important, but it would also be nice to contribute to a large project and have the opportunity to present the work you did all summer. This is a great way to end your internship filling like you accomplished something that will assist your team even after your 12-weeks end.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Intern - Applications Developer in Northbrook, IL
    Current Intern - Applications Developer in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allstate is very flexible to my schedule. I feel that my managers treat me as an equal rather than as their employee. Allstate has many benefits (ie. discounts and services) that may help out employees.

Cons

I don't receive as much feedback as I would like. As a newer employee I find it difficult to get myself on projects.

Advice to Management

More feedback for employees please.

2. "Great hands-on learning internship experience!"

Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL
    Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allstate allows good flexibility for employees, colleagues were great and helpful to work with, and a sprawling campus with great in-house facilities. The home office campus is a city of its own with cafes, a convenience store, pharmacy and even a Red Mango for your dessert cravings! Most importantly, I was fortunate to have a full fledged project to work on for the 3 months. All team mates were very friendly and helpful and my managers were available at all times for help and guidance. Overall, a great experience! I would definitely recommend students to apply for internship here as it a great place to start your careers!

Cons

None in my personal experience.

Advice to Management

It would be great if Allstate could work with career advisors at NIU and other universities to target doctoral candidates as many are not aware of the great job/internship opportunities available at Allstate in the field of Econometrics and Statistical Modeling.