Allstate - Great Place To Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place To Work"

Current Intern - Applications Developer in Northbrook, IL
Current Intern - Applications Developer in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allstate is very flexible to my schedule. I feel that my managers treat me as an equal rather than as their employee. Allstate has many benefits (ie. discounts and services) that may help out employees.

Cons

I don't receive as much feedback as I would like. As a newer employee I find it difficult to get myself on projects.

Advice to Management

More feedback for employees please.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Great hands-on learning internship experience!"

Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL
    Current Intern - Statistical Modeling Intern in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Allstate allows good flexibility for employees, colleagues were great and helpful to work with, and a sprawling campus with great in-house facilities. The home office campus is a city of its own with cafes, a convenience store, pharmacy and even a Red Mango for your dessert cravings! Most importantly, I was fortunate to have a full fledged project to work on for the 3 months. All team mates were very friendly and helpful and my managers were available at all times for help and guidance. Overall, a great experience! I would definitely recommend students to apply for internship here as it a great place to start your careers!

Cons

None in my personal experience.

Advice to Management

It would be great if Allstate could work with career advisors at NIU and other universities to target doctoral candidates as many are not aware of the great job/internship opportunities available at Allstate in the field of Econometrics and Statistical Modeling.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a fairly new employee but I have truly enjoyed my time here!

Benefits Overview: Allstate offers incredible benefits and a great compensation structure. I am very impressed with various work/life balance benefits as well as the amenities at the home office: brand new cafeteria in the north campus, Starbucks/Red Mango to enjoy, a convenient store, free parking, nail salon, dry cleaning facility, healthy lifestyle perks, a pharmacy and doctor on site, enhanced meeting room space... I could go on!

Culture and Values: Allstate has proven to be a company that promotes employees to grow both personally and professionally. So far, I have found a great work/life balance and a culture that promotes internally. I have found my colleagues to be extremely friendly and constantly offering support to help me learn and grow. Allstate also offers numerous opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community.

Cons

I have not found any apparent cons since I have been working at Allstate. It is a large company and I would advise anyone who is new to Allstate to meet and network with as many people as possible.