Allstate - Nice Company | Glassdoor

"Nice Company"

Former Employee - Consultant in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Consultant in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits package. Flexibility to work at home when needed. Some opportunities to work on projects I was particularly interested in.

Cons

Didn't move up the ladder easily.

Advice to Management

Give employees more opportunity to develop experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Allstate

1. "Chickens with no head"

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Chubbuck, ID
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Chubbuck, ID

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The everyday people that work here

Cons

Always in flux. Right hand isn't even connected to the left hand. Been with the company 8 months now. First 3 were training in a class. So the last 5 months I have had 7 managers. Some VP gets an idea and it is immediately in acted with out forethought.

Advice to Management

Make up your minds! You hired me to do a job and I haven't done it yet!

2. "Company has treated me well"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Allstate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance - I work from home once a week, get 20 days of PTO, have flexible hours. Essentially, if you get your work done, you are fine.

Great benefits - Good priced HDHP health plan, dental, vision, etc. Pension PLUS 401(k) match. Tuition reimbursement.

Great facilities - Home office has very nice facilities. Remodeled cafe, full-service Starbucks and Red Mango, onsite doctor and pharmacy, barber, etc. Very convenient.

Good pay - Allstate has been extremely generous with pay raises and promotional opportunity. I feel I am rewarded for my hard work. Allstate seems to be ramping up their seriousness for retaining top talent.

Good recognition - Allstate Technology has a great peer to peer recognition program that allows you to receive items from a catalog and cash bonuses. There is also a trip rewarded to those who come out on top. Departments also receive a hefty budget for recognizing their employees throughout the year.

Employee Resource Groups - Allstate encourages employees to join various employee resource groups, groups that help develop employees professionally and personally.

Cons

Individual contributors do not receive bonuses or stock options. Would be nice to receive something just like the higher ups do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job recently. I joined a few years ago and the culture was rock bottom. There has been tremendous progress in employee morale, as seen in the company results. Keep recognition and rewarding hard working employees as top priorities. Your employees truly make or break this company... do everything you can to keep them happy. Happy employees = good company results.

Allstate Response

Mar 25, 2014 – Employment Team

Thank you for sharing your perspective on the progress the company has made over the past few years. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share so much detail about ... More